I am told to complete the following sentences without thinking, to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. And so this is how it ends, my Reverb experience, not with over thinking but with flash impulses. Is this what TS Eliot meant when he said “This is how the world ends Not with a bang but a whimper”? I don’t think so. I don’t believe there is any whimpering involved in this. And yet, there is no great explosion from a bang either. I close 2012 with a simple tap on the box and slide it onto the shelf with all the other years of my life. I will kiss my finger and touch the year, turn out the light and walk away.
Hands in my pockets, and thinking about what to make for dinner, I will skip all but one of these questions. After all, I am a woman who doesn’t care to commit to any one thing unless she wants to, and I simply look towards the new year:
- 2013 is going to be MY YEAR because…
- In 2013, I am going to do…
- In 2013, I am going to feel…
- In 2013, I am not going to…
- In December 2013, I am going to look back and say… And that is that.
Because really, when one year dies and new one is born, that truly is that. Let’s begin again.
And somehow we do.
- Recovery From Quarantine - November 9, 2020
- Inspiration in Quarantine - April 30, 2020
- By the Moon’s Light - March 17, 2020
2 thoughts on “Boxes in the Dark”
Correct. *Kisses my finger to tip your nose.*
You are such a darling friend. I adore you.
Comments are closed.